The 32nd Board Meeting of the Global Fund will take place this week, on November 20 & 21 in Montreux.
Please find below an overview of the most important agenda points of the Board Meeting in Montreux:
- The last Board Meeting (in Jakarta in March of this year) marked the final approval of the New Funding Model (NFM). This model is now the funding model of the Global Fund and sets out to achieve the goals of the Global Fund’s strategy: ‘Investing for Impact’.
- During this Board Meeting there will be a review of lessons learned from the roll out of the funding model.
- Download here as PDF file (Devd Country NGO Delegation discussion paper) a discussion paper from the Developed Country NGO Delegation on the roll out.
- A Governance reform plan will be presented for approval to the Board by the to Ad-Hoc Working Group on Governance (WGG) to further improve the systems and performance of the Global Fund.
- The WGG was established during the Board Meeting in March “to identify and recommend for Board consideration possible changes in the Global Fund governance system with the intention of improving efficiency, effectiveness, unity and equity in conduct and management of the affairs of the Global Fund Board and its committees, in line with the mission, needs and work of the Global Fund”.
- The working group was chaired by Ton Coenen on behalf of the Developed Country NGO delegation.
- The current Global Fund Strategy ‘Investing for Impact’ runs from 2012-2016. This Board Meeting will initiate the 2017 – 2021 Strategy development process.
- The next Global Fund Strategy will seek to answer questions for the era of the post-2015 development agenda.
- The next replenishment of the Global Fund is planned for mid-2016, necessitating a strategy process that starts in early 2015 and continues to final approval of the 2017-2021 Strategy at the March 2016 Board meeting.
More information to follow!
Please find above in the slide photos from the meeting of the Implementer Bloc Meeting prior to the Board meetings held today (18.11.2014)