A world free of the burden of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria with better health for all.
Mission of the Delegation
Our mission is to bring the voices and needs of civil society to the Global Fund. We represent the developed country NGOs and to ensure that the Global Fund remains ambitious, transparent, accountable and achieves maximum impact. We strive to ensure full funding for the fight against HIV, TB and Malaria and to assure that people most affected by the epidemics are reached and can enjoy healthy lives in which their human rights are guaranteed.
- Ensuring that civil society needs are embedded in the Global Fund structure.
- Contributing significantly to Board and Committee discussions of issues that are important to its constituency, including ensuring that the Global Fund Board makes decisions that preserve the role of civil society within Global Fund;
- Keeping the Global Fund honest by ensuring its transparency and accountability;
- Ensuring that the funding mechanism is accessible and easy to understand for civil society organizations;
- Ensuring a fully funded Global Fund in order to maximizing impact.
Strategic areas for the next three years:
- Funding streams: where does the money come from?
- Mandate: broadening up domains of the GFATM?
- Civil Society: how to ensure continuing and meaningful involvement?
- Implementation: how to ensure the ambition and quality of response?
- Human rights
- Engagement and partnerships